Take One! is a standards-based professional development tool for improving teaching practice and links students' learning to effective instruction. During the Take One! year, teachers prepare and submit one pre-selected video portfolio entry from any of the current 25 certificate areas of National Board Certification. A teacher can later transfer the score if he or she pursues National Board candidacy within two years.
Effective Professional Development
- Focuses on student performance
- Advances effective teaching
- Provides a foundation for all professional development in the school
- Is available for all faculty members
- Provides a continuum of learning and support structure for all teachers— from novice to veteran
The cost for Take One! is $395. The fee is due to NBPTS no later than January 31st.
For more information please visit the NBPTS Web site.