Goodbye paper trail! The E-Certification system is now open and ready for access.
- Check and monitor status of their Certificate or Permit
- Apply for Washington State Certification
- Renew their existing Certificate
- Receive expiration and renewal reminders
- Print Certificates
- Update your contact information
You may access E-Certification through OSPI’s Education Data System (EDS) Portal. Once you create an account in EDS look for E-Certification, then you are on your way!
All applications for Teacher, Administrator, Educational Staff Associates, and Career and Technical Education are available online except the following:
- Initial Teacher renewal or Continuing Application
(These are available only to individuals who hold or have held an Initial Teacher Certificate that expired after 08/31/2000)
- First Peoples Language, Culture, and Oral Traditions
- Non-Immigrant Exchange Teacher
- Verification of Active Duty Military Service
- CTE Counselor
- Occupational Information Specialist
- Continuing ESA school counselor, psychologist
(To apply for this you must hold valid Initial ESA Counselor, Psychologist Certificate)
We apologize if you do not currently see your certificate information in the “My Credentials” page. If you do not see your certificate information or if you have technical difficulties submitting an application online please contact the Professional Certification Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper applications are still available at www.K12.wa.us/certification. Beginning January 1, 2015, applications will only be accessed through E-Certification.