Goodbye paper trail! The new E-Certification system is now open. You may
access the system through OSPI's Education Data System (EDS) Portal.
The following certification activities are available now to educators:
- Check certificate, permit, and application status for all educators
- Renew continuing teacher, administrator, and educational staff associate
- Reissue residency teacher certificates
- Request duplicate copies of educator certificates
- Apply for teacher certificate applications (for teacher preparation program
Additional applications will be added to E-Certification in Spring 2014.
The new E-Certification service allows educators to take care of the most common tasks completely online, like applying for a credential, monitoring their application status, and printing permits and certificates.
The change from a paper-based process to a secure online process will eventually decrease the turnaround time for applications. School districts will also benefit with anytime access to information on a prospective employee, resulting in faster hiring. The information gathered within E-Certification will provide valuable data on educators in our state for policymakers and researchers.
- Apply online
- Monitor application status
- Get expiration and renewal reminders
- Print certificates
- Update contact information