Goodbye paper trail! The new E-Certification system is now open. You may
access the system through OSPI's Education Data System (EDS) Portal.
The following certification activities are now available:
Check certificate, permit, and application status is available for all educators.
We apologize if you do not currently see your certificate information in the My Credentials page or if you have technical difficulties submitting an application online.
You are still able to enter information to update your educator profile, such as professional development and clock hours, education history and employment history.
All applications for teacher, administrator, and educational staff associates are available online except the following:
- Initial Teacher renewal or Continuing Application (available only to individuals who hold/held an initial teacher certificate that expired after 06/30/2000)
- First Peoples Language, Culture, and Oral Traditions
- Non-Immigrant Exchange Teacher
- Verification of Active Duty Military Service
- CTE Counselor
- Occupational Information Specialist
- Continuing ESA school counselor, psychologist (must hold valid Initial ESA counselor, psychologist)
Paper applications are available at www.k12.wa.us/certification.
If you have any questions regarding which application to submit, please contact OSPI Professional Certification at email@example.com
The new E-Certification service allows educators to take care of the most common tasks completely online, like applying for a credential, monitoring their application status, and printing permits and certificates.
The change from a paper-based process to a secure online process will eventually decrease the turnaround time for applications. School districts will also benefit with anytime access to information on a prospective employee, resulting in faster hiring. The information gathered within E-Certification will provide valuable data on educators in our state for policymakers and researchers.