Transcript Evaluation Services
LanguagesA-Z IndexPrinter Friendly Image

For questions:
   9:00am-4:30pm - M-W-Th-F
   10:00am-4:30pm - Tuesday
   Contact Us

ESD Fingerprinting locations

Refund Policy

Teachers Administrators ESA CTE

Teacher Certification

What types of Certificates are available? (basic requirements)


Transcript Evaluation Services

After a review of foreign evaluation services, state practices of foreign evaluation, transcript and class translations, the office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) has decided to amend the evaluation services approved by the certification office of OSPI. As of September 11, 2008, OSPI will accept translation services from members of the National Association of Credential evaluation Services (NACES). (Excluding Canada and the Philippines) For information regarding NACES, membership criteria, and NACES' guiding principles of good practice for educational credential evaluation please visit

Once transcript is evaluated please continue with teacher certification requirements. 

Washington issues the Residency Teacher Certificate to most first-time applicants for a regular teaching certificate.

The candidate must have:

The first certificate issued is the Residency Certificate (First Issue), which is valid until the holder has completed two years of successful teaching in a public school or approved private school in Washington. This certificate may then be reissued with a five year expiration date.



Includes details on the documents needed and process to obtain certification.

Electronic Certification Application






Old Capitol Building, PO Box 47200, 600 Washington St. S.E., Olympia, WA  98504-7200  360-725-6000  TTY 360-664-3631
Contact Us    |    A-Z Index    |    Site Info    |    Staff Only    |    Education Data System (EDS)