- Resolves audit findings and exceptions
presented in audit reports, management letters, and audit memorandums issued by the State
Auditors Office (SAO) and Independent Certified Public Accountants (CPA) on:
- - school districts (SD),
- - educational service districts (ESD), and
- - other public, private, non-profit, or
for-profit entities that are under contract with the Office of Superintendent of Public
Instruction (OSPI) to provide services as vendors or subrecipients of federal or state
- Performs desk reviews on audit reports issued by
SAO and CPA's for entities that are OSPI's subrecipients of federal awards
to determine whether the reports meet the government auditing standards issued by the
Comptroller General of the United States, the audit requirements of Office of Management
and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133, and the other published regulations and instructions on
audits of federally funded programs.
- Acts as the audit liaison between
OSPI and state and federal agencies.
- Responsible for ensuring the
agency complies with the audit requirements under OMB Circulars and regulations
promulgated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and United States
Department of Education (USDOE).
- Assists clients in the efficient and
economic use of federal and state resources in compliance with appropriate regulations,
thereby providing as many resources as possible toward education reform activities.
- Responsible for all internal audits of
- Provides technical assistance to independent
auditors, auditees, program managers, and program reviewers.