Compulsory Attendance Laws - RCW 28A.225
- Elementary parent conference requirement after 5 excused absences – RCW.28A.225.018
- School’s duties if a child fails to attend school without excuse – RCW 28A.225.020
- Community truancy boards – Memoranda of understanding with juvenile courts –
Designation of school district coordinators to address absenteeism and truancy –
Community-wide partnerships –
- New Community Truancy Board and Training Modules are available. Please contact
Krissy Johnson to request a copy.
- Petition to juvenile court for violations by a parent or child – School
district responsibilities –
Guidance on Attendance Laws
OSPI Absence Rules | Chapter 392-401 WAC
OSPI adopted permanent absence rules on May 3, 2018. The rules became effective on August 1, 2018. This rule contains a new definition of absence and reasons for excused absences.
CEDARS Data Collection Requirement and Guidance
For assistance or questions, please contact Krissy Johnson at
email@example.com or 360-725-6045.