Join Our 2018 September Attendance Competition
- Participating schools will commit to the following 3 actions:
- Run an Attendance Awareness Campaign that includes one new community partnership
- Leadership Team sets a goal and priority around attendance
- Identify last year’s chronically absent students and put a plan in place to support them
- Prizes may include: a visit from a Seahawks or Sounders player; a visit from Superintendent Reykdal. OSPI will promote your work on social media and on the website and provide an award of recognition.
For more specific ideas on how to start the year off strong addressing attendance, please visit the OSPI
Attendance Getting Started webpage and/or the
Attendance Works website.
Consider attending these webinars:
Wednesday, August 15, 2018: Team Up for Attendance: Community Matters
11:00 am-12:30 pm
Wednesday, September 12, 2018: Attendance: Starting with Tier 1 Supports
For Participating Schools:
At the conclusion of the contest (end of October) schools that sign up will be asked to provide a brief written detail of the activities they engaged in that aligned to the 3 commitments as well as a data summary comparing progress on attendance from 2017-18 to 2018-19. OSPI will contact individual schools prior to the submission deadline, with more details.
Prizes and recognition will be awarded to any school who can demonstrate a good faith effort towards raising awareness around attendance, establishing attendance as a priority and building internal capacity to support their students’ attendance.