The WAAS-Portfolio is designed for a small percentage of the total school population for whom traditional assessments, even with accommodations, are not an appropriate measure of progress.
ProFile is the online management tool that houses all of the forms necessary to complete the WAAS-Portfolio. For technical assistance, please refer to the User Guide.
The Teachers’ Guide details directions for administering the 2013-2014 WAAS-Portfolio.
Science - Grade 5 | Grade 8 | High School
Reading - Grade 3 – High School
Writing - Grade 4 | Grade 7 | High school
Math - Grades 3–4 | Grades 5–6 | Grades 7–8 | High school
- WAAS-Portfolio Checklist - organizational assistance for teachers and administrators to complete the 2014 WAAS-Portfolio.
- Images for Science - provided as a resource
Animals | Plant | Systems
- Parent Guide - accompanies a student’s individual score report, which details how the student performed on the Portfolio Assessment.
- IEP Team Decision Making Guidelines – guidance to the IEP team regarding a student’s performance in statewide assessments.
- Common Core Exemplar Texts - are provided as a resource for assessing reading on the WAAS-Portfolio. Students may use text from any grade level for the WAAS-Portfolio.
Grades K-1 |
Grades 2-3 |
Grades 4-5 |
PLDs represent the entire range of performance and define the scores received on the WAAS-Portfolio. The PLDs describe the characteristics of each level, from L1 (below standard) to L4 (exceeds standard) for each content area and grade band assessed by the WAAS-Portfolio. The cut scores are the point value necessary to move between proficiency levels for the WAAS-Portfolio.
WAAS-Portfolio online training modules are now available. An overview module as well as a ProFile module are now posted, additional modules to come. WAAS-Portfolio Modules
> > > Past Email Updates
Common Core Essential Elements
The Common Core Essential Elements (CCEE) are alternate achievement standards aligned to the Common Core State Standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics.