The Arts Cadre of Educators
The Arts office at OSPI has openings for new members to join the arts cadre of educators representing the arts disciplines. The OSPI Statewide Cadre for The Arts comprised of arts educators who have both experience and expertise in one or more of the arts disciplines of dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual arts. Cadre members will have the opportunity to provide input
on the arts learning standards, assessments, and implementation supports. Members may also
participate in professional learning opportunities at state, regional, and local
workshops and conferences.
The cadre will review and provide input on revisions to statewide materials and resources, specifically focusing on:
- Washington State K-12 The Arts Learning Standards and Arts Options for Implementing the Arts Standards through Dance, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts by Grade Level.
- A review of the National Core Arts Standards.
- OSPI-Developed Performance Assessments.
- Intentional connections across arts disciplines and with other content areas.
- Identifying helpful resources for the field.
Who Can Apply
- Arts teachers and other educators directly involved in providing arts education in the disciplines of dance, media arts, music, theatre, and/or visual arts.
- Administrators responsible for The Arts.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must complete the online application. Please have your direct supervisor complete the recommendation/reference form. If you do not have a direct supervisor, please have a colleague who is familiar with your work complete the recommendation/reference form.
July 31, 2015
Applications are being accepted for the following areas from all 9 ESD regions and at all grade bands (elementary, middle, high school):
- Dance (5 positions open)
- Theatre (5 positions open)
- Media Arts (9 positions open)
Applicants will be notified of their application status via e-mail by August 15th.
Contact Anne Banks, The Arts Program Supervisor
(360) 725-4966, email@example.com
OSPI TTY number (360) 664-3631
Please Note: OSPI does not compensate cadre members for trainings other than those arranged by OSPI for statewide professional development. If cadre members receive training requests from individual school districts or from regional partners, it is the responsibility of cadre members and their schools or districts to negotiate these requests. If ESDs or individual districts request training support from cadre members, they will be expected to negotiate compensation of the cadre member for expenses such as preparation time, substitute coverage, mileage, meals, lodging, and materials costs.